This test is called MaxAdvance *is max*. My emphasis.
Not "all values returned by getWidths() are less than or equal to max advance. The latter is simply the inadequate implementation to partially test the assertion
and which was already proving to be too much. The only way to make that test
pass is to make changes to what max advance reports and I am saying that
we should not do that. It would be artificial and wrong.

-phil.