On 5/18/20, 9:29 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
Hi, Phil.

I guess the old code used TextLayout because the check above is "false":
boolean simple = values == null ||
    (values.getKerning() == 0 && values.getLigatures() == 0 &&
    values.getBaselineTransform() == null);

yes ...

Is it possible that for the font which use attributes/kerning/ligatures the height calculated via TextLayout and FontDesignMetrics.getSimpleBounds() will be different?

no.

BTW what about the comment for this block:
   // this code should be in textlayout
   // quick check for simple text, assume GV ok to use if simple

well, there's the the issue that TL should not barf, but it does.

-phil.