On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 01:54:10 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Probably we can import the CSS used by the javadoc itself?

We do. For example, [AWT Modality in JDK
15](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/15/docs/api/java.desktop/java/awt/doc-files/Modality.html)
 has borders because of `border="1"` attribute. If you remove it or change it
to `border="1"` in Developer Tools in browser, the borders around cells
disappear.

However, I looked into it further: there are tables in Javadoc comments. One
example is [AWTKeyStroke
constructor](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/15/docs/api/java.desktop/java/awt/AWTKeyStroke.html#%3Cinit%3E())
 which uses `class="striped"`. In most cases, classes in java.desktop module
use striped tables.

There's also `plain` class. I've found one usage of `class=plain"` in
[NumericShaper
class](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/15/docs/api/java.desktop/java/awt/font/NumericShaper.html).
 This style has collapsed borders around each cell. It looks similar to what we
have now in “plain” HTML documents, yet by default the borders are not
collapsed, that is you see borders around each individual cell.

The stylesheet also declares `borderless` class which has no borders.

For the consistent look and feel of documentation, I think `striped` is the
most appropriate class. However, I prefer `plain` class for
`componentProperties.html` file.