On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 03:51:29 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > I am not getting what do you mean by 'new "round trip" '. Please elaborate.
> > Regarding performance metrics i have captured the details in the bug and
> > there is no degradation.
>
> The new code path which takes care of the clip, if there is no degradation
> means that we get it for free?

Before this change we used to get blitEncoder from same commandbuffer(and same
CommandQueue) as we are doing now. And then commit the commandbuffer, so from
computational perspective we are not holding or doing anything extra in new
implementation. We need to use appropriate encoder(where scissor is set) to
honour clip in copyArea.

Since we are not seeing any difference in performance numbers (especially in
swingmark where we do lot of scrolling/copyArea) we are basically getting
clipping in copyArea without any degradation. Also in Netbeans i have done good
amount scrolling test and i dont see any degradation.