I haven't cut a ton of records -- well, I've cut two to be exact. I
don't want to diss Ron, but I liked the results I got from Prairie Cat
mastering much, much better, and when all was said and done, the cost
was about the same as NSC.

Two things that distinguish Prairie Cat from other cutters: 1)
Equipment -- Prairie Cat has a variable pitch lathe, which cuts
narrower grooves during quieter passages and fatter grooves for loud
passages.  This gives you as much as 2 minutes longer per side for a
loud DJ cut.  Prairie Cat also has some very fine analog signal
processing gear. 2) Brains and Ears -- I was able to describe how I
wanted the cut record to sound, and he delivered.  The Prairie Cat
record was well balanced and had neither needle-bouncing bass or
spitting high end distortion.  Sean Deason's remix of my track may be
the deepest, warmest track I have ever heard on vinly.

http://www.prairiecatmastering.com/

This is the guy who used to be at Metropolis back when 430 West was
using them for cutting.