I remember Craig Taborn best as a member of a band called Tracy Science. These were some of the baddest young jazz cats out there. In fact, I remember their drummer, Gerald, uh, something or other, being ranked as one of the top drummers in the state. I think they had tapes out, but that was so long ago, I doubt much of their work is still available.

From: Intermodal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'313'" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: [313] Craig Taborn
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 03:42:16 -0400

Hello,

Craig Taborn (Innerzone Orchestra's pianist) taught the main stage about
the history of one-man electronic possibilities, with his excursion into
(dare we try to describe) HerbieHancock/John Hassell/Keith Jarrett-esque
experimental jazz -

Out of curiosity, what else has Taborn done outside of IO, and does he
have any releases. I have to say that his playing on the At Les remake
on Programmed has kept me practicing my piano chops for the last couple
months. What I would give to be able to play half as well as he can. :)

take care,
mike