On 23/04/2009 20:53, kent williams wrote:
NPR's Morning Edition asks Why Can't Detroit Cash In On It's Music
Scene. (ironic note, the one Detroit Music phenomenon, techno,  that
has a major annual festival in Detroit with international reach, only
rates one sentence)
I'm picking holes in language, but I wish people would recognise the nearly-as-old and equally important legacy of Detroit house in the same breath, if they're only going to utter one sentence. It's not all about the fact that techno started in Detroit and that a large part of the techno canon is from there. Detroit techno has largely been replaying itself but Detroit house continues to remain fresh. See: Reggie Dokes, 3rd Ear, etc. I'd say the best techno coming from Detroit today comes from Seth Troxler, and that's arguably more house than techno. There's still good Detroit techno out there, but not much of it is coming from Detroit. Or that's my antagination towards getting some discussion going here again anyway.

Tristan
=======
phonop...@phonopsia.co.uk
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk