From: David Powers [mailto:cybo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 1:35 AM
To: 313
Subject: Re: (313) DEMF News: Villalobos Canceled, Richie Hawtin to play twice

VILLALOBOS CANCELLED, RICHIE HAWTIN REPLACES HIM ON BEATPORT STAGE & AT VOYAGE
ROYAL AFTER PARTY DETROIT, May 27, 2010-Ricardo Villalobos' scheduled
performance this weekend at the Movement Electronic Music Festival Powered by
Ford Fiesta has been cancelled, but Richie Hawtin has agreed to perform in his
place on the BeatPort Stage Sunday, May 30 from 9 pm until midnight.
Goetz Guse of Cocoon Agency out of Frankfurt, Germany informed festival
organizers today that Villalobos will not be able to perform at Movement. Guse
said, "Ricardo did not receive his Working VISA back in time due to US
immigration Authorities at abroad consulates. Even with precocious legal
support from the US as well as from Germany he still wasn't able to obtain the
Working VISA due to unexpected bureaucratic obstacles."
Movement organizers expressed disappointment about the news regarding
Villalobos, but are optimistic festival-goers will enjoy a Richie Hawtin
performance as the replacement.
"We are disappointed Ricardo is not able to make it, especially with it being
so close to the festival, but the show must continue," said Jason Huvaere, the
executive director of Movement. "However, we are very grateful Richie agreed to
fill in. Nowhere else will you get to experience Richie Hawtin presenting
Plastikman live one night, and then the next night see an original Richie
Hawtin DJ set, it's going to be truly amazing."
The Plastikman live performance will be the headliner on the Vitaminwater Main
Stage the first night of the festival, Saturday, May 29. It is scheduled for 11
p.m. to midnight. After Hawtin performs a three-hour set on the Beatport Stage,
he will be aboard the sold out Voyage Royal: I'm on a Boat 2 after party to
perform with DJ Magda in place of Villalobos on the second floor of the Detroit
Princess.