Y'all are not seeing the throngs of boring techno tourists like
myself, who may not have been quite as eye-catching as the neon-loving
kindergartners roving the area. Or the amazingly wicked dancing that
Denise Dalphond was doing at virtually every stage - maybe her tshirt
and shorts weren't photo-worthy, but her moves certainly were.

Once you get to a certain age and you're in it for the music and not
the attention/other things *cough - youknowwhatImean - cough* then you
know better than to go out to a festival in just your panties with 50
bags full of props to carry around during the daytime.

There was everything there - dudes who looked like they'd teleported
from a pub in the UK, other DJs from varying nationalities,
non-caucasians, the elderly, children in strollers. 99,000+ people
means variety; some just weren't as eye-poppingly visually striking as
some of the folks on the RA pages are and therefore went undocumented.

I seriously wondered how half the more, uh, interesting (and fluffily
attired) attendants were managing the toilets, but was too busy
chasing beats to ask. That said, I passed one girl in a neon bikini
and rave boot-sock-thingies who was crying about how wet and gross her
ankles were when it started to pour and busted out laughing - along
with, unfortunately, about 10 dude-bros in polo shirts who were right
behind me.

This is the first time I've noticed a massive "bro" contingent and the
festival; it seems that they've co-opted the culture and are starting
to outnumber the Kandi Kids, Gravers and old-schoolers I usually see
there.

Disclaimer: this is my 6th festival, so not sure what it was like
before 2005. Also, I'm a white girl.