I have not been following this closely so don't shoot me if this has been
ask before. If you doubledeck two identical copies and you get it just
perfect, then it seems like there is a wave going through the track. Does
anybody have an idea why this occurs?

Thanks,

the records slowly drift out of sequence, and then you get cancellation...