i am no trainspotter since '85 like some peeps on this
list and i don't know moby personally like others.  to
tell the truth i don't even own any of moby's music.
the thing that i do know is that is too easy to hit a
giant with a rock.  when people expose themselves
through art, music, or other mediums they inherently
make themselves subject to criticisms, rejection, and
ridicule.  i feel that instead of evaluating moby's
"down-ness" with the present form of techno music with
snobby ideas of purity we should just support the
artists that each of us enjoy with our pocketbooks and
purses and let the man do what he wants...let mtv do
what it wants...let the massive corporate music
industry do what it wants!
   the only continuous thing that i have noticed in my
mere 21 years is that the saying "you don't know what
you got till its gone"  is true.  i relate this to
music and art in general by saying that real change in
opinions and attitudes about art and music takes place
in baby steps and minute advancements.  its seems to
this humble man that most great artists are only
noticed in a posthumous manner because of the shear
volume of 'art' being produced at any given time.  i
feel that we are a product of a commercial world where
instant satisfaction is only down the road.  in this
manner i think that fans of techno music want
immediate recognition of the complexity of seemingly
simple music.  they want recognition and validation.
i just don't think that the world will be ready to
give that to us.

this is all just my opinion...no harm no foul
-sam