> Should Duke Ellington be blamed because millions
> of stupid american teenagers will associate big band jazz with techno ?

I would expect Duke Ellington, if he were alive to do so, wouldn't be so
complicit in an attempted rewrite of musical history. It's not a case of
taking sole responsibility for the education of stupid teenagers, or of
whose underground or pop, or of whose down with  but of just giving credit
where it's due. Moby may personally, and privately, think he has nothing to
do with techno anymore, but he's happy to play along with the popular media
making the opposite claim. I have said this before, and so I won't labour
the point, but it's a very easy thing to fix: others in put in the same
media category manage it now (Chemical Brothers) and have done in the past
in comparable situations (Rolling Stones). Moby doesn't want to do that,
he'd rather have the "suckers played". Our resident rhyme forcer (I'm still
waiting on the UR rewrite of the Attis myth, Wes :) can see a literary
parallel, I just see, in the light of his professed religiousness and all, a
hypocritical wan**r.

Jonny.

p.s. I have said all this before and the whole thread bores a lot of folk so
I'll hold myself back from now on :)