st germain is the brainchild of ludovic navarre, mate of laurent garnier, and responsible for such classics as modus vivendi 'modus vivendi' and choice 'acid eiffel' (along with garnier, i think). the first st germain album on f comm is a classic, imo.

aidano

From: "Frank Pelletier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] St. Germain?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:38:25 -0500

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> once wrote,

> I was flipping threw channels and heard the track Rose Rouge by St.
Germain
> on MTV. It was being played in the background as a boy band (sorry but I
> don't know the name) were in the act of ripping off there clothes on
stage.
> So my question is...Does St. Germain have any videos out?  Is it just
> coincidence that the song was being played or is St. Germain going after
the
> Teen Pop Culture.

St-Germain sounds like artsy coffee house music.  Dunno if it is, but its
the commercial jazz-lite version of New Jazz, or whatever you call it. They
(he, I think.  He's a lone french guy) have two videos out.  "Rose Rouge",
which is visually nice, and "Sure thing", which is way better, IMHO, but a
very mello track.  The video is pretty nice, also.

Frank Pelletier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Let them hate me, provided they fear me" - Atreus