On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 05:40:52PM +0000, laura gavoor wrote:
> With a tag line of:  Ford Focus...Detroit Techno sponsoring a Moby
> tour...what do you suggest?
>
> Shall a Mike Banks or a Juan Atkins for example, sit back and let someone
> else make his money and benefit from their efforts while they are
> quintessentially excluded and pushed aside.  What kind of juveniles do you
> all think created this music and mentality?  These are grown men and women,
> with families to support and REAL bills to pay.

Would Mike Banks do a tour sponsored by Ford Focus?

> It is simply not in our nature, nor in the nature of the culture of
> aggressive creative individualism/techno to simply lie down and take
> a fist up the rump.  Can we try at least to approach this as grown business
> people.  After all, 313 CREATED this business and now the majors and stupid,
> tagalong "bad" white people wish to exploit it and us for the sake of the
> dollar.

313 created what?  Electronic dance music was not created in Detroit.

What if people started saying that black, American people have no business
sampling or being inspired by Kraftwerk?

--
:: atomly ::

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.atomly.com | http://www.mp3.com/atomly