> "Haunted Dancehall" is one of my favourite albums of
> all time. Although in my mind it's more of a
> rock'n'roll/techno-interface, with no similarities to
> later Chemical Brothers or Prodigy, thankfully. More
> like a later punk era (The Clash's "Sandinista"
> -reggae, calypso...)rockabilly/teddyboy stuck in that
> elevator with only you know what for company.

I'd say the comparison between Sabres of Paradise and BC/CR comes from the
dub roots of both efforts. Look for Two Lone Swordsmen stuff (Weatherall and
Tenniswood) if you're into the Sabres (although it's substantially different
stuff).

Make you sure you check out the rest of the Vladislav Delay output for more
on the ambient dubbed tip (sometimes he gets a bit noisy, mostly in his
earlier work), his Luomo guise on Force Trax is sublime house unlike
anything you've heard before. I am also very interested to hear his techno
guise , Uusitallo (sp?), also on Force Trax. Anima, his most recent, is
utterly beautiful.

If you like your beats housey, and your dubbing minimal, check Perlon.

If you like things to get a little more experimental check out Kompakte and
the affiliated labels. Isolee on Playhouse also gets a bit quirkier.

Also makes sure to explore all the rest of the Basic Channel affiliates like
Rhythm & Sound, Main Street Records, DIN and a few others (it's early).

If you're looking for Kit Clayton with a dance beat, Moles & Avacadoes on
Background is my favorite of his releases.

...and last but not least, make sure to check out our own Christian Bloch
and Todd Gys - these guys never seem to come up in these discussion, but
they definitely fit squarely in this category. Some of their tracks are up
at http://mp3.com/stations/313 and you can find Christian's work on Tresor,
Funque Droppings and other labels. For some reason I always had a skewed
conception that Christian made harder music, but almost all of it is minimal
dubbing with fantastic production. If you wind up at his mp3 page, you'll
probably spend all day there as I did. Todd gets a little more towards the
glitchier end of things at times, but his production is also excellent, and
dubbed throughout. While you're there, make sure to check out the mysterious
Statik's "Spiritualized Frequencies". You should also check out Todd's newer
work at http://ampcast.com/Gys

Tristan