Haye!

> I can understand the anger because of the lack of credit for mr. barnett
for
> creating transmat and being involved in a track like nude photo but let´s
keep
> things in perspective....so let´s seperate the discussions, how important
is
> being credited for co-production and how much difference is there between
nude
> photo and may´s later work...and how does this compare to mr Barnett´s
work. no
> offence to mr. Barnett but let´s not make a myth out of this thing and
make it a
> nice quote for some coffeetable book or sumtin....

Well, it just seems to be some sort of a pattern, you know? Look at
Cybotron's Rick Davis. Where is he now? You see a lot of the people that
co-produced tracks or that had a great deal of influence disapear into
obscurity. And it's a record like Nude Photo we're talking about here, one
of the first records that came out that you could call Techno, so if Barnett
indeed had a part in the record, then he has a part in Detroit Techno
history... And if we think outside the artistic contribution, he's a
co-founder of Transmat, one of the base labels of Detroit Techno's growth.

Lay
"Unconditional Empowerment"
http://barkingcat.org/counterforce