I think it's been mentioned here a few times in the past, but after four
years of working and waiting, we're finally ready to publish the All Music
Guide to Electronic(a). Anyone who's spent time on the allmusic.com site
knows we take care of a *lot* of records (plus a lot of Detroit records) and
this book is no different -- 1,200 artists, 5,000 releases, dozens of essays
and label/style descriptions, plus book reviews, etc. Amazon.com has a
publishing date of May 18 (this Friday), though I'm not sure the major
bookstores will have copies before the festival.

What I do know is we'll have a table set up with books for sale at the
Record Time in Roseville next Friday (May 25 - mid-to-late afternoon).  Of
course we'll be selling copies from our booth at DEMF as well -- they're $20
each, which is $5 off the normal price.  We'll have plenty of artists coming
by, plus a few surprise guests.  No pressure to spend money, but Diana and I
(and maybe Rob) and all the other AMG brethren would love to see as many
people stop by as can make it...

.john.