Amen.

My first thought when I saw the projected closeups of dancing breasts was of
beer commercials. My second thought was that perhaps more people in the
audience understand electronic music as a division from the popular media
conglomerates that would use such tactics for entertainment/advertising. But
maybe the audience (in general) doesn't recognize the distinction; perhaps a
state of mind produced by the MTV "The Grind" generation. That doesn't imply
at all that electronic music in Detroit (or the world for that matter)
should detach itself from any commercial investments. It just means that I
am surprised that such things would even be needed to spice up an already
enlightening and entertaining set, especially when they run counter to the
intention of the music itself.

I would much rather watch homeless people dance their asses off than see
people stare at candy coated projections of dancing mammories. When I see
grandparents getting down next to homeless people at the demf, words can't
describe my happiness. Seriously, that makes me dance a whole hell of a lot
more than 2 dimmensional scantily clad women.

Hope you all felt that.

cheers.

/j

Joshua Hill
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / icq: 3045997 / ph: 734.369.2665

Meteorite - Student Journal of Philosophy
at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Design Editor / Editorial Collective

Institute for Social Research:
Population Studies Center:
Social Science Data Analysis Network: