How is the Petar Dundov CD?

mt

From: Phonopsia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org, Jason Donnelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [313] mitch walcott
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:16:45 -0500

I was one of maybe 10-15 people listening to him at the Underground stage
bright and early one of those rainy mornings at DEMF. It's pure ambience
(ie, no percussion or discernable tempo at all). I might even call it "space
music", if that means anything to you. I enjoy this kind of stuff, but I
don't find a lot of commonality in it with other Detroit material. This is
even less pronounced than Mills' ambient material, so I'd definitely
recommend giving a listen before purchasing if possible. I think this would
be great music to work/sleep to. I doubt that would be taken as an insult.

When he performed, it was all coming from a laptop, controlled through an
airbass controller that "shapes" the sound based on the proximity of your
hand to the surface of the airbass. In that sense, this was all created
live, as the shaping more-or-less *is* the song. I'm assuming he recorded
the DEMF performance and is releasing that, rather than re-recording it
anew. I imagine each time he performs this material it would take a
different shape.

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.com <- DC techno + more