----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Bloch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 12:39 AM
Subject: Re: [313] name that tune

> the one with the chord stab on 2 & 4 is 100% sure phylyps track II, so
> either you have the wrong idea about which track fades where  ;)  or box
> section samples... i wouldn't know

After tracking down the Real Audio of Phylyps Track II, it would seem Mr.
Clayton is guilty of some thievery, or at least a pretty faithful
reproduction (intentional or otherwise). From the segment played in the mix,
it could be either track - prolly phylyps... Sorry to confuse. I thought I'd
been hearing a remix of "Box Section" when I heard people playing Phylyps.
Clearly I had the cart in front of the horse.

Box Section is interesting if nothing else, b/c it opens up quite a bit in
the latter 1/2 of it. Maybe John should track both down. :)

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more
http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios