> I don't think it was suggested that he only has 30 records but that
he only plays about 30 records - this is obviously untrue but I can
see why Jim said it - he does have a repertoire of standards that are
constantly in his box, more so than any other DJ.

i would argue that if he did not play some of these standards that
people would b**ch about that also, so it a no win situation.

> No-one ever criticised Frank Sinatra for singing the same old
standards over and over again cos that's what people wanted to hear,
and it is the same with Mills to a certain degree - people still whoop
and cheer whenever The Bells is played, so why should he stop playing
those old chestnuts?

nor neil young or the beach boys, but this is techno, and audiences
expect something new and exciting everytime. also bands can improvise
a song and make it different but still a simular song, dj's can not do
this what is etched on the record is what is going to be played you
can not vary it like a band can, which makes that interesting again
and again. maybe jeff should do some remixes of his classics? change it up

i do agree if jeff had not played the bells i may have been
disapointed, but i also enjoyed his set. imo it was one of the better
times i have seem him (3 times now) it was way better then the state
theater show and covered more ground then the thanksgiving show. i
wish he would get over driving the gains so much it distorts the
sound. the state theater is a good example of this. distorted sound
hurts my ears jeff!

the set to me did feel kinda forced, like he was covering to much
ground in the time he had. but there was a method to his madness.

i still want to know what the old skool electro track he played before
work da body was? anyone, anyone? looking at the list here. help me out.

what made me not enjoy the his set was the hordes of fools that
thought  everybody could fit on the floor and kept bumping me, using
my sholders as a hand plant to climb down the sets (not the stairs),
and the drunk @$$'s who kept disturbing me when i was trying to listen
to his set.

--
-scotto