-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 6:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) OT (was: Laurent Garnier's troubles)

>But I hate this kind of lies. Does Laurent Garnier think it's better
> for an immigrant in France ? I can describe to him the process when
>people have not a French nationality and want to come, leave or just
> study in France, it's a daily struggle..! That's worst because not
>the same rules apply to everybody, French immigration rules depend
>of the country you come from. Someone says discrimination here ?

The same US rules don't apply to everybody, only citizens of 28
countries are allowed to travel to the US by filling out the I-94W...

>Why this French guy needs a visa to go in USA ? I-94 W form is filling
>on board and it's enough to pass through the US immigration, except if
>he wants to leave in USA more than 3 months......

He needs a visa to legally work/perform in the US a process that has
indeed gotten a lot more difficult since 9/11

>Whatever ! it's not about the size of the photo of the French passport
> but the size of the photo that anyone has to enclose with any kind of
>US form that you have to fill, for 18 years now this size as always
been
>different than the French size.

Not about the size, what they call US Green Card Photos has to be taken
from a very specific angle and show all of the right ear...

>Laurent Garnier wrote:
|02)  They now asked me to fill a new form that is compulsory for people

|living in Iraq, Iran, Libya, Ireland, Syria, North Korea, Sudan ,Cuba
|.!!!!!!!

>True if you have been in such countries and your passport is stamped
with
> these countries, do not even try to go through an US custom, better to
change
> your passport before. However it's not true anymore for Cuba- it's had
been
>true during 30 years.

Not really what it's about, to get the temporary work visa he needs to
perform all of a sudden it is required of him that he fills out forms
that he didn't have to before... Because he is from western europe.

Get your facts straight, he isn't telling lies, you just haven't
understood the situation. And I don't think UR has a beef with him
either since he is featured in submerge's multimedia "3000 Magazine"...
But what do I know.