I think that would have been related to the sponsorship issue.
Once you think of visas and all the other outlay issues, it's expensive and
there evidently just wasn't the budget.
The US government is ruthless on DJs playing without visas all sorted now,
even those coming from countries were participated in the 'coaltion of the
willing', like the UK and Australia. So imagine for countries like Germany
and France who didn't...