She "settled" for 2000 bucks:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11483

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:32:53 -0500, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

someone just forwarded me this - I don't know where it's from:

"A shy Manhattan schoolgirl who gets a kick out of nursery songs and TV
themes was among 261 people sued yesterday for downloading music from the
Internet.

Brianna LaHara, a curly-haired 12-year-old honor student who started
seventh grade yesterday at St. Gregory the Great Catholic school on W. 90th
St., couldn't believe she's one of the "major offenders" the music moguls
are after.

"Oh, my God, what's going to happen now?" she asked after hearing of the
suit. "My stomach is all in knots."

Told she may have to go to court, Brianna's eyes widened behind wire- rimmed
glasses and she said, "I'm just shocked that of all the people that do
this, I'm on the list."

The Recording Industry Association of America said the suits filed
yesterday included about 60 that targeted suspects in New York who
downloaded more than 1,000 songs.

The group blames computer users such as Brianna, who use software programs to trade music with others on the Internet, for a 30% drop in music sales.

Each person sued yesterday could be liable for fines up to $150,000 for
each poached track.

'Appropriate action'

Experts had predicted a large number of the suits likely would name
youngsters.

"Nobody likes playing the heavy and having to resort to litigation, but
when your product is being regularly stolen, there comes a time when you
have to take appropriate action," said Carey Sherman, president of the
recording association.

--
-DJ Entropy
(bhpc, elemental compounds, planet muzik, ingrooves, boston)

*supporting Pure Hardcore since 1987*
*being a RavePainTM since 1995*
*Save electronic Music - buy a guitar*

http://www.djentropy.com