alex -

i just moved here this summer.  great country, very vibrant music scene and
subscenes, lots of good clubs, very difficult to communicate and assimilate
if you are a westerner, but everyone generally very friendly and polite.
heinously expensive to do just about anything other than eat at mcdonalds or
drink beer from a vending machine.

best tokyo clubs on the techno / 313 tip:

yellow (saw 3 chairs spin there a few weekends ago)
module
womb (mills weekly residency started last week)
liquid room
maniac love

there are a LOT of big clubs, which pull huge crowds even at 3000Y - 5000Y
door charges.

many cool techno mags, but as most of them are in japanese, i don't know the
names.  metropolis is the english language weekly which hypes most of the
local events.

let me know if i can help you at all.

respect,

Jeff Davis             fon: 81.3.5114.3771
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     fax: 866.489.6463
                       cel: 81.90.6031.9369