I picked up a really nice edit of Kiss a while ago...

Never seen these Fix records mind...

Martin

----- Original Message ----- From: "M : A : T : R : I : X" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "robin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "313 Org" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Fix004

just gave a listen to the clips. the rick james ones: "cold blooded" and
"ghetto life" sound exactly like the originals with nothing added to them.
the prince track I recognized "controversy" was a pretty poor choppy editing thing. I dont know what the second prince track was, but it didnt seem to be
remixed or edited at all either. so what is the "fix" label all about?
merely bootlegging 80's tracks to vinyl? is this what people are spending
their money on now-a-days?

sean

on 12/14/04 8:37 AM, robin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] uttered these words:

poor form to answer yer own question i know.

rick james and prince this time around, given the Ableton Live (?)
treatment.

clips up at http://www.submerge.com/shoppingcart/index2.php

so i'm beginning to think that the human league thing i have that
purports to be fix003 that has the human league on it (martin: it's
don't you want me. http://www.discogs.com/release/210145) isn't as the
submerge site lists another fix003 with acid house mixes and an edit of
Velodrome's excellent Capitas (see clips above)

anyone know the truth? :)

robin...