They could also be referring to metaphoric hills and valleys. Like highs and lows?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
maybe they're just calling it as they see it - does manchester have  a lot
of hills and valleys?
i've been led to believe that it has a lot of alcohol and pills.
"Philip" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] du.au> To "313" <313@hyperreal.org> 23/03/05 10:05 AM cc Subject (313) NO
Anyone on the list looking forward to the new New Order album?? I am...

It has some of the worst rhyming couplets on it ever...Made me LOL at
least 4 times, proper shocking some of them...

So what else is new? don't forget...

'I've lived my life in valleys, I've lived my life on hills'
'I've lived my life on alcohol, I've lived my life on pills'