Just spotted this on another forum - might head to a couple of these myself....

Some Decent Things Going on In Manchester it Seems:
Public Enemy (w Terminator X)
Three Chairs (Theo Parrish, Moodymann etc)
UR, Octave One, Robert Hood & Suburban Knight (with Mr Scruff - EH??)
Drexciya DJ, Jamie Lidell, Jimmy Edgar + more tba
De La Soul 3ft High And Rising Party
Francois K and Derrick May
Spank Rock, Justice, Mad Professor...

THE WAREHOUSE PROJECT
October 6th – December 31st 2006
www.thewarehouseproject.com <http://www.thewarehouseproject.com>
Manchester UK
“For twelve weeks this city is ours”
We can now reveal the venue and the majority of the night time line-ups for
Manchester’s most ambitious music experience yet. Between Friday 6th October
& Monday 1st January ‘The Warehouse Project’ will be taking over an
incredible warehouse space in Manchester’s city centre for what will be a
new twist to the festival and club/gig experience.
Things are hotting up now as Manchester gets ready for 12 weeks of warehouse
action. With the venue now revealed as The Old Brewery (formerly the
Boddingtons Brewery) one of Manchester's most iconic landmarks, its time to
start spreading the word. Everybody from Manchester knows this legendary
site, with its towering chimney peering out over the city, where they made
that legendary tonic for over 250 years. For three months we take a piece of
the cities most cherished heritage and catapult it into the twenty first
century. We couldn't possibly have asked for a more perfect backdrop for the
first Warehouse Project.
The site actually consists of two warehouses, One slightly larger than the
other. The larger of the two was where they actually used to make the beer
and was known as The Racking Hall, the other is the cold store where the
kegs were stored. We have named this one The Box. Most events will feature
both, however one or two special events, such as the eagerly anticipated 3
Chairs event, we felt a smaller more intimate vibe suited, so these will
just take place in The Box. We will be releasing pictures of the venues
online at thewarehouseproject.com over the next few days.
The moment it all kicks off has now actually been brought forward by 24hrs
so we can feature one of the most iconic bands of all time. The legendary
Public Enemy will be the first to headline the stage in The Racking Hall.
After this comes an onslaught of 25 events, each unique in terms of musical
direction and each unmissable in its own right. We've tried to make the
programme as eclectic as possible, with artists from all over the world
heading up the party and with us only having these twelve weeks to play with
we’ve gone all out to make it as special as it can be. There are still
several musical giants from whom we are still awaiting final confirmation,
and one or two that we have purposely held back for now. All additions to
the line-up will be announced in the coming weeks.
Its never been done quite like this before. Some people have been asking why
its only going on for these three months. The truth is that it will be
something that is here and then gone very quickly. While it lasts it will be
truly amazing and nobody will even have the chance to get bored of it. Since
the idea for the project was first revealed several months ago, the slogan
has been ‘For twelve weeks this city is ours...’ Manchester is back.
Now in October 2006 the Warehouse Project will help to inject some life back
into The Old Brewery renowned for the ‘Cream of Manchester’ by inviting the
cream of global dance music’s DJ, live acts and artists to stage a series of
individually themed club and gig nights from October 6th to the end of the
year.
We can now reveal the breakdown of events (more tbc):
Week 1
Thursday 5th October:
THE PREVIEW (Room 1 only)
PUBLIC ENEMY - Full Live Show
Feat the original line-up:
Flava Flav, Chuck D,
Terminator X, Professor Griff
+ Support TBA
Friday 6th October:
THE LAUNCH PARTY
JOHN DIGWEED
DANNY HOWELLS
TANIA VULCANO
STEVE BUG (Pokerflat)
Rita & Sue / Andro
Saturday 7th October.
Xfm & Mike Pickering presents
‘WELCOME TO THE WAREHOUSE;
KASABIAN (DJ Set)
DOVES (DJ Set)
MIKE PICKERING
LORRAINE – LIVE
THE VIEW – LIVE
ALI LOVE – LIVE
KIETH – LIVE
The Box:
AIM - LIVE
SUGARDADDY – LIVE
TOM FINDLAY (GROOVE ARMADA)
DEXTER (THE AVALANCHES)
KRYSKO
_____________________
Week 2
Thursday 12th October:
The biggest Ape Party so far featuring what I think is the most ridiculous
line-up at the warehouse.
Ape turns 1, and what better way to celebrate than this. Manchester has been
crying out for this for so long. I can’t wait… (Lee from Ape)
THE APE 1st BIRTHDAY
RAHZEL & DJ JS1
Q-BERT
ANDY C
VIRUS LIVE presents CHAMELEON
(Feat ED RUSH & OPTICAL)
RICH REASON
METRODOME & JORDAN
More artists TBA
£12 advance
Friday 13th October:
THE RADIO SOULWAX
WAREHOUSE PARTY
2 MANY DJs
Soulwax presents
NITEVERSIONS – LIVE
GOOSE – LIVE
BOYS NOIZE
The Box:
JUSTIN ROBERTSON
NAÏVE MELODY vs
THE DIRTY DISCO
£15 advance
Saturday 14th October:
Parrish, Dixon, Wilhite and Pitman – If they were playing cards they’d be a
Royal Flush. When it comes to listening to music it doesn’t matter what it
is as long as its real and from the soul – these guys together are as
perfect as music gets. YES! (krysko)
THE 3 CHAIRS PARTY
(Box event only – tickets & capacity limited to 800)
KENNY DIXON Jr / MOODYMANN
THEO PARRISH
RICK WILHITE
MAILK PITMAN
£15 advance
(Racking Hall - Federation event. Please see separate flyer for more
details)
__________________________
Week 3
Friday 20th October:
Missing in Manchester
Details TBA. See separate flyers for full line-up & further details
Saturday 21st October:
UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE presents...
LOS HERMANOS - LIVE
OCTAVE ONE - LIVE
ROB HOOD presents THE GREY AREA
SUBURBAN KNIGHT - LIVE
Very special guest MR SCRUFF
Room 2: KRYSKO, DANNY MAC
MARK TURNER, JOHN BERRY
£15
_______________
Week 4
Friday 27th October
Sequence takes over The Box with a massive showcase of electronic from the
likes of Warp and Rephlex. With some staggering confirmations already
secured including Jamie Lidell, Drexcyian DJ
Stingray, Jimmy Edgar. Just wait til you see who else is in the pipeline.
Full line-up released soon.
SEQUENCE presents
DREXCIYAN DJ STRINGRAY / JAMIE LIDELL – LIVE /
JIMMY EDGAR – Live & SOME HUGE ARTISTS STILL TBA
Saturday 28th October:
Ape presents...
THE THREE FEET HIGH AND RISING PARTY
DE LA SOUL – FULL LIVE SHOW
JEHST – LIVE
C2C (3 x World Mixing Champs)
BROKE N ENGLISH
RICH REASON
Week 5
Friday 3rd November:
Hi Tek Soul presents…
THE COSMIC TWINS –
FRANCOIS K &
DERRICK MAY
ALL NIGHT LONG!
Room 2
More artists TBA announced here
Saturday 4th November
THE FULL CYCLE WAREHOUSE PARTY
RONI SIZE
KRUST
SCRATCH PERVERTS:
Full crew in attendance…
Tony Vegas, Plus 1 & Prime Cuts.
The Box:
GILLES PETERSON
DADDY G (Massive Attack)
FINGATHING – LIVE
Rich Reason
_________________________
Week 6
Friday 10th November
THE PLANET PENDULUM PARTY
PENDULUM
GOLDIE
DJ HYPE
FRICTION
MCs TBA
Room 2:
DAYWALKERS – LIVE
Plus a full live show from one of the greatest Hip-Hop crews of all time in
the Box. There is more to come on this line-up. Info released at
www.thewarehouseproject.com
Saturday 11th November
Federation (see separate flyers for further details)
Week 7
Friday 17th November
EAT YOUR OWN EARS presents
A TRANSGRESSIVE RECORDS PARTY
Full details on this to follow soon.
Saturday 18th November
THE CHIBUKU SHAKE SHAKE WAREHOUSE PARTY
DAVE CLARKE
(Techno & Electro Double Header)
GREEN VELVET
PHAT PHIL COOPER
SPANK ROCK – LIVE
DIGITALISM - LIVE
BEAT MONKEYS
ANDRO
______________________
Week 8
Friday 24th November
THE CIRCUS PARTY
STEVE LAWLER
YOUSEF
More tba
£10 advance
Saturday 25th November
ANNIE MAC presents…
EROL ALKAN
SWITCH – LIVE
KLAXONS – LIVE
NEW YOUNG PONY CLUB – LIVE
BLACK STROBE - LIVE
OPTIMO / JD TWITCH
SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO
MIKE PICKERING
Week 9
Friday 1st December:
Very Special Guests TBA
The Box:
JAMES ZABIELA
HYBRID – LIVE
EVIL 9
Saturday 2nd December:
Ape Vs Chibuku. The Warehouse Beatdown…
DJ YODA (live A/V Show)
LEMON D & DILLINJA
(Valve Soundsystem)
DJ MARKY & DYNAMITE MC
MAD PROFESSOR
- FULL LIVE DUB SHOW
THE BEAT MONKEYS
RICH REASON
METRODOME & JORDAN
The Box –
XFM presents THE REMIX
EDDIE TEMPLE MORRIS
& some very special djs and live acts.
____________________________
Week 10
Friday 8th December
Fundacion Warehouse Party
SASHA
SPOOKY
The Box:
KRAFTY KUTS
JUSTICE
Saturday 9th December
Very special Live show…
We’re keeping this one totally quiet for now.
Those who have signed up to receive our e-flyers will be the first to find
out about this and tickets will go quickly. Keep your eyes fixed on
thewarehouseproject.com for updates on this event. Essential.
Week 11
Friday 15th December
Zane Lowe’s Home Taping Tour
Feat Zane and a whole host of Live acts and DJs.
Separate flyers and posters coming out over the forthcoming weeks
With full info Expect greatness…
Friday 16th December
Warehouse Christmas Party
TBA
The Warehouse will be open every Friday and every Saturday up until Dec
16th, and then again for the New Year period (There will also be occasional
midweek/Sunday events). The Warehouse Project lasts only for this limited
time, and closes down after the New Years Eve party.
TICKET DETAILS:
All tickets will be on sale through www.Ticketline.co.uk / 0161 832 1111.
Tickets priced £12 - £15.
www.thewarehouseproject.com <http://www.thewarehouseproject.com>