on 11/3/01 2:18 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I would also dispute that Star Dancer is the blueprint for trance;
> there are quite a few releases in my collection that predate it
> (I was playing what we would now call trance in 1994 but quickly got
> away from it, and though I like some of the old tracks the current
> stuff turns my blood to mush).

Not to turn this into a particularly long thread, but what would you
consider to be other midwestern "influences" on what has become Trance?

The only things that pop into my head immediately are some late 80s Chicago
Acid experiments and Richie's early successes which Deutsche kinder seemed
to embrace, like "Substance Abuse", "F.U.", etc. I suppose there are other
European trends branching out from EBM...
--
im