I'd just like to add my comments on ILT6.  We too also went in 2000 and were
absolutely knocked out : the trouble then was that there were so many
artists and every one was playing for half-an-hour/45minutes - that you were
all over the place like a yoyo!!  The venue is massive - you've never seen
anything like it.  At first we thought the huge cavernous main room was it
and each corner (which had its own colour) were the room areas.  Little did
we realise at first that when we got to that 'area' that the room was then
off to the side.

35,000 people were at each event.  In 2000 we got there around 10pm and
there were huge queues for the coatroom and bar tickets, although I have to
say we walked straight in the main doors with little delay.  This year we
got there at 8.30  to avoid those q's and it worked.

The big difference this year also was that there were much fewer DJs playing
and nearly everyone had 2hr sets.  We immediately headed to hear UMEK who
for me I thought it was the set of the night.   We stayed on to listen to
Bandalu (who disappointed me and obviously many others, cause the room
completely emptied).
I'm not really too much of a Dark Cave fan, but my m8s r so that was next on
our agenda.  Towards the end of his set the room was really hot and I made
my way to the Cocoon room to see the end of Chris Liebing and Richie who has
long been my 'God'.  Richie played from 2-4.  I wanted to hear DJ Rush who
was starting at 3.45 in another room.  I really enjoyed Richie's set but
around 3.30ish I realised how hot I was.  I tried to get to the bar/Rushs
room.  It took me about 20 minutes to make the Bar.  The next thing I knew
it was 5.00am - I was still in the Cocoon Room, Sven was playing ... I don't
remember him starting  or Richie finishing ... the whole interim is a black
hole in my memory.

OK I love music, I love partying, I dont drink, but I consume.  Too often,
we've looked forward to great nights, made bigged plans, got totally boshed
and remembered nothing.  I didnt want that to happen here and yet it did.  I
have to blame the heat.  Its always when the heat is excessive that the
blackouts happen. But I think that is what happened because of the smaller
line up - too many people tried to get into one room at one time.

[Incidentally I have to agree with Dennis, in 2000 Speedy J was the set of
the night - and if you read his tour diarys on Plus8 site, even Richie
agreed with that!]

"I Love Techno" is an experience definately not to be missed.  But, isnt it
really a matter of personal opinion: in 2000 I found the crowd really
wonderful, friendly people .. my m8s came home bitching about 'bloody
belgians' - this year, I didnt find anything outstanding about the crowd,
yet my belgian basher m8s came home saying how friendly and enthusiastic
everyone was and how they must have been wrong first time around about those
beautiful belges!

But, at the end of the day, I normally dont go to these big festival events.
As a promoter, I'm very anti running more than one room.  You can only see
one artist at a time, and I think its an insult to the DJ to have people
running off half-way through his set to try to catch the start of someone
else.  What's the point of a DJ trying to take people on a journey, when the
passengers arent going to be there for the whole ride.  As a promoter, my
DJs worked as a team to build the night continually - and so no way did the
DJ playing the opening set ever "bang-it".  The tempo just upped and upped
through the night and the peak of the night was at the end of the night.
People went away on a real 'high'.  Too often now I continually see DJs
competing against other rooms and a 12-2am DJ banging the fu(k out of it -
that halfway through the next DJs set everyone is on their way home,
exhausted .....

I remember in the v early 90s going to huge warehouse raves in Holland where
they would have 12/15000 people all in one room: they were mind blowing.
One at an Ice Arena in the far north did have two rooms but the stages were
at the opposite end of one arena with the bar and concessions in the middle.
The way the speakers were arranged, it actually worked.
When you were in the South Side you heard the South Side even at the Bar and
when you were in the North Side you heard the North Stage (that's why we
originally thought in 2000 [odd that it seemed] that each corner of the
cavernous main room was that particular coloured area).

I Love Techno, is something not to be missed - the crowd are really up for
it and enthusiastic : but as I said in one of my other posts the crowd age
started at 16 going upwards and u have to have young people to get an
enthusiastic crowd.  [It might explain why i thought the crowd this year
were less enthusiastic that maybe there were less 16 yos - the event sold
out and teenagers, im experience arent normally the ones to be advance
buying tickets with their non-existant credit cards!].