Dunno about the Sounds For People record, but the Aaron Carl fra 'Down' IS
a house
music kinda guy. He released two records on Soul City:

SLSS-012 Aaron-Carl "Make Me Happy"

and

SLSS-007 Aaron Carl "Taking You Higher"

It's not really that strange - if you take a listen to the 'Down' 12" you
will notice that
the original track is not electro but rather a smooth vocal track somewhere
inbetween
Suicide and deep house.

Peace
RJ