Expedit in action...
http://djtioneb.free.fr/Image001.jpg

Ally my mates have that (or the 2x4 for the ones who have less records, used either vertiacl or horizontal) and some of them have moved it several times without incident. The only thing is that once mounted any IKEA stuff should stay in that form even while moving it. Unmounting kills !

Another IKEA tip Ive discovered is to use the top part that can be added on these wide and low TV things. They can sell u alone for 55 €(though they asked me twice because they couldnt find the use i would have of such a thing) and then its at perfect height to put 3 decks + 1 mixer + some stuff (atm i have my computer screen). Below it i have put some spare records (though there are not 'boxes' and then its not easy to browse among them) and on the other side bass-sub + (not on photo) computer, amp, cd player etc.
http://djtioneb.free.fr/Image002.jpg

PS : sorry for bad quality pics i used my webcam as i have not something else here today.

--
Benoît.

Jeffrey Richards a écrit :
I think the neighbors would have freaked out more if
they caught you burning the couch in the front yard.
I have seen the Expedit in action by a few friends of
mine, and one of my friends has moved his 6 times
since buying it.  Even worse, he takes it up and down
stairs every time he moves.  It has held up well, and
I don't think he even has it tethered to a wall.  If
Ikea had cheap shipping and handling, I would have
ordered one of the small ones no problem.
Instead I have a cheap Danish copycat product that I
bought at Big Lots as an Office Depot closeout works
almost as well.  My shelves are bowing a little bit,
but that is because they are overloaded right now, but
they are 2X2 unit and sit on casters for easy moving,
so I can't complain.  I also have a 2X4 unit that I
use as a dresser.

Jeff

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Funny, while I was assembling it I thought about
what would be needed to
move it to our basement (which is where everything
will end up once the
basement is finished).
The idea of moving it as one piece made me cringe. Wondered if it could be
pulled apart in one piece.  Well, after spending the
thousands of dollars
it's going to take to finish the basement, what's
another $200?
I destroyed a sofa once on Halloween night to get it
out of our old
apartment.  People caught me with a handsaw, a
hammer, and a borrowed
hatchet in the hallway hacking away at the sofa -
FREAKED them out.

MEK

"Frank Glazer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on
01/07/2008 06:54:32 PM:

I had a 5x5 bin Expedit in my old apartment, but
then I had to
literally destroy it, breaking the thing into
pieces because it
wouldn't fit down the stairs.  I learned my lesson
and got the same
configuration as Tristan, three 2x4 bin units.  I
have mine stacked
two side by side vertical with the third perched
(only somewhat
precariously) atop them on its side.  I live in a
relatively small new
york one bedroom with my girlfriend though so we
must go vertical to
use every inch of space.  I'm pretty short, but
I'm used to a 34"
height table for my DJ gear, so the expedit on its
side would be a
little low but serviceable as a "booth".  They'd
be especially low for
anybody who is tall.

I did have an incident with the 5x5 when one of
the shelves broke, but
that's because somebody got drunk and toppled into
the expedit, using
the shelf as a brace.  Under normal use the
shelves seem sturdy
enough.  I would recommend them highly.

On Jan 7, 2008 10:57 AM, Tristan Watkins
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>