Inn Season deserves a hearty second - it's been around forever, and they really
do an amazing job.
It's been there so long that I can't really remember for sure in which decade I
discovered it  - but I think it was the late 70s.

Not vegetarian, but I would add Thang Long in Madison Heights (on John R ,
maybe 1/4 miles south of 12 mile on the west side of the street in an older
strip mall) as an essential visit if you like Vietnamese. I do, I've eaten in
many Viet restaurants, and I'd say it's the best Viet I've eaten - BIG push on
fersh herbs!

                                 jeff