Friday night.
Ken Collier tribute.
This was at a really nice space just South of Jefferson near the Shorecrest
Realy good sound, great vibe and good music. Al Ester was probably the
highlight, haven't seen someone dance around behind the decks that much for a
while.
Sistrum/Aestethic Audio party.
At a Jamaican juice bar on Woodward called Trenchtown. Really enjoyed the
alcohol free atmosphere, it seemed noticeably different. More dancing for a
start. Omar S came on at about 3.30. He was excellent, really hitting his
stride, but we had to leave at 4 sadly.

Saturday night
Soul Skate
Excellent as ever. Great to skate to such  good music and of course to watch
the spectacle. Probably less exciting for North Americans but nothing on that
scale exists in the UK that I'm aware of.
Derrick May and Quentin Harris
Brilliant downtown space, perfect for a party - small and dark. Both DJs good,
was pleasantly surprised by Quentin Harris. He really plays his records well,
if you know what I mean. Some techy less interesting bits but deployed some
punishing female gospelly acapellas. It went off when he dropped 'Blow Your
House Down'.