On 01/17/2014 11:20 AM, Deas, Jim wrote:
Should I be able to use SLAPI_SEARCH_ATTR to view attributes about to be
returned to the client in PRE_ENTRY_FN?

Yes, looks like it, but you have to be prepared for the case where a client does not specify a search attribute list - in this case, the client is asking for all non-operational attributes in the entry.

  Can I start a new search inside PRE_ENTRY_FN to find values needed to augment
the existing attributes being returned?

Yes, that should work. However, doing this parsing and internal search for every single entry returned might be a big performance hit. You might want to examine the SLAPI_SEARCH_ATTRS and do the internal search in a SLAPI_PLUGIN_PRE_SEARCH_FN, then store the results in the operation (in an operation extension), then just use those results in your PRE_ENTRY_FN. This is what the deref plugin does.