On Thu, 2016-01-14 at 15:42 +0100, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
> We had many issues with the retro changelog plugin. The main reason
> is
> that the retro CL is a separate backend and if there is more than
> one
> regular backend it is easy to run into deadlocks, eg a change in
> backend
> A triggers and ADD in theh RCL, in the add a plugin might want to
> access
> backend B, but there was a change in backend B and it waits for the
> RCL
> lock and both threads are blocked.
> All the scenrios so far could be resolved, by scoping the plugins to
> ignore changes in the retro CL, but it is tedious and in my opinion
> operations on the retro changelog should not be seen by plugins at
> all.
> I propose a simple configuration an processing change to allow to
> ignore
> plugins for specific backends, please have a look at:
>
> http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/design/exclude-backends-from-plugin
> -operations.html

Can we keep the configuration names consistent? I would rather the flag
be:

nsslapd-allow-plugin-operations: true/false

The flag is clearer about the function, and doesn't have the whole
"well it says no, so should it be true which actually means false ..."

--
Sincerely,

William Brown
Software Engineer