On Thu, 2016-04-21 at 09:13 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> William Brown wrote:
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/48798
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/389/attachment/ticket/48798/0001-Ticket-48798-Enable
> > -DS-to-offer-weaker-DH-params-in-.patch
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/389/attachment/ticket/48798/0001-Ticket-48798-lib389
> > -add-ability-to-create-nss-ca-and.patch
> >
> I don't understand why you are linking enabling weak DH params with
> enabling DHE on the server side, or are you just forcing server-side DH
> if the weak params are enabled? Is there some other switch to enable
> server-side DH too? What about the managing the DH ciphers?
>
> You should check for the existence of SSL_ENABLE_SERVER_DHE if you want
> to be able to build with older NSS.
That's about to change to be within #if NSS_VMAJOR * 100 + NSS_VMINOR >= 320 so
it should be fine.
> In the second patch there is no context why creating your own CA is
> linked in any way with testing DH params, plus the "This is a trick"
> code is duplicated between the patches. I think I'd just revise the
> commit message on the second patch saying it is code to generate an RSA
> CA and leave it at that.

Well, we need certificates to test ssl, else no DH ...
But I will update the commit message.
> There is a comment that the "shipped" NSS db is broken but no
> explanation of how.

It has no password, and all kinds of basic operations just ... break. You can't
import certificates correctly and some other issues I cannot remember because I
generally just nuke it from orbit before I start.
This isn't the first test where we have to "refresh" the shipped nss db to make
things work. Noriko's OpenSSL patch has to do it too.

--
Sincerely,

William Brown
Software Engineer