Hi William,

I think this case is covered in IPA. I have never seen a new replica added
with the same former ID of an old one.

The former ruvs are not cleaned automatically, though, in current versions
and it's not a very severe issue now. There are also ipa commands to list
and clean the ruvs.

I have also heard or read that in the dev versions (not still delivered),
the cleaning is automatic, as you are proposing.

Thanks a lot.

regards,

German.