Hi,

While at pyconau I was very quiet - because I was working toward a major
goal that I have had for a while.

This patch allows a perl-less install of the 389-ds server:

https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/issue/49348
https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/issue/raw/files/fe5ffea4d8cbcd9f0a806aecf39d523684ecefe5660760b152370a949d61de4a-0001-Ticket-49348-support-perlless-and-wrapperless-instal.patch

This ticket provides the enablement for lib389 to support testing
our server with no perl - ie we can create and remove instances with
pure python 3 tools.

https://pagure.io/lib389/issue/88
https://pagure.io/lib389/issue/raw/files/a1201152a0861b50098aa7f84c83e7bc201334332d5fc42ca75319b96883164e-0001-Ticket-88-python-install-and-remove-for-tests.patch

This is a really exciting milestone for us for our new administrative
toolkit in python, and is a major stepping stone to deprecating and
removing perl from our codebase. This will make platform ports
significantly easier as we will no longer rely on the perl-mozldap
components.

Thanks,

--
Sincerely,