On 04/03/2019 03:24 PM, Mark Reynolds wrote:

On 4/3/19 9:01 AM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
Hi,
added some small comments, but it is overall ok.
I'll review them shortly :-)

Just thinking about it, wouldn't it be an option that the task entry survives until it is completed and written to the dse.ldif at shutdown, so at startup tasks could be resumed from the task entry not from params in the repl entry ?

I like the idea, but I don't know if the server will. I ran into "timing" issues just trying to add the task during plugin startup. I'm worried that when we process dse.ldif it might be too soon to start a task.
but i think the event queue is only started after plugins did start, so registering an event should be ok
Either way, it's a good idea and it can remove my hacky code and allow us to cleanup some of the cleanAllRUV code too, so I'm going to try it! I'll add a "nsTaskPersist" attribute to the task, etc...

Thanks,
Mark

Ludwig