Hi

I have setup more samba ldap dc's then I dare to think of and it's
pretty easy, I used to script the whole thing and I had it online for
others to download but I have not maintained it for a long while so it's
way to old to be used today.

If you are looking at the nt4 style then there is a great howto here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/centos-5.x-samba-domain-controller-with-ldap-backend

But mind you it could be a good idea to actually look at the samba4,
it's getting pretty stable, I have installed it on a dev environment
where is serves authentication to the dev servers and dev clients and
has not given a day of shit really smooth installation also:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page#Samba4

Per