On 10/10/2017 10:27 AM, tda...@email.arizona.edu wrote:
>> When the server crashes do you get a core dump or similar? That would
>> really help.
> Where do I find a core dump?
First you need to make sure cores are allowed to be generated:

http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/FAQ/faq.html#sts=Debugging%C2%A0Crashes

Where the core file gets written can vary on OS/OS config.  It is
sometimes found here:

/var/spool/abrt/*/coredump

or /var/lib/systemd/coredump/ You could also just search the filesystem
for "core". Once you find it, attach gdb and get a stack trace. See the
doc above for more info on that as well.Regards, Mark