Hi,

We're currently using 389ds as a backend for sssd and would like to try to
improve the performance by enabling USN on the server side.  Our current
architecture, however, hides the individual client facing ldap servers behind a
load-balanced VIP so the client never actually knows which backend it may hit.
This poses a problem with USNs because successive requests may not hit the same
server and the USNs are local to the server and explicitily not replicated.  I
understand why this is the case (so that multimaster configs work correctly)
but we only run a single master that replicates out to the client-facing ldap
servers (which in turn refer any updates back to the master).

It sounds like we would actually *want* to force the replication of the USNs
out to the client facing servers (so that it doesn't matter which backend you
hit, the numbers will always match) but I can't figure out how to do that (or
even if it is possible).  The USN plugin adds 'EXCLUDE entryusn' to the default
nsDS5ReplicatedAttributeList on startup and my attempts to override it this on
the individual replication agreemetns have, thus far, not worked.

Is there some way to make this setup work with USNs?

Thanks...