How does one properly configure the Directory Server Gateway to run over https?
Is such a setup necessary for secure connections if ldaps over 636 is active? I
edited dsgw-httpd.conf until I was able to connect to the gateway via https,
but the setup was pretty buggy. Afterwards, I came across a page in the
documentation stating this file shouldn’t be touched.

My goal is to use the DS Gateway to edit the directory using secure connections
without resorting to other tools such as phpLDAPadmin which I’ve read is really
designed for OpenLDAP.