Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I’ve upgraded to 1.3.6 and so my question
is back on the table :)

My cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config is currently:

nsslapd-cachesize: -1
nsslapd-cachememsize: 1543503872
nsslapd-readonly: off
nsslapd-require-index: off
nsslapd-dncachememsize: 500000000
…

But cn=config,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config has these settings:
nsslapd-cache-autosize: 10
nsslapd-cache-autosize-split: 40
…

If you remember, according to the docs, setting nsslapd-cache-autosize to a
value > 0, enables autosizing for all backends regardless of their cache size
settings. Is that accurate or must I set them to 0s after all? It looks like
autosizing is enforced because I got an error when trying to modify the
changelog backend:

modifying entry "cn=changelog,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config"
ldap_modify: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
        additional info: Error: "nsslapd-cachememsize" can not be updated while
"nsslapd-cache-autosize" is set in "cn=config,cn=ldbm
database,cn=plugins,cn=config".

Thanks!