Hi William,

With autosizing on I configured the changelog backend:

dn: cn=changelog,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config
cn: changelog
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: nsBackendInstance
nsslapd-suffix: cn=changelog
nsslapd-cachesize: -1
nsslapd-cachememsize: 8858370048
nsslapd-readonly: off
nsslapd-require-index: off
nsslapd-directory: /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-CNVR-NET/db/changelog
nsslapd-dncachememsize: 3000000000

Here’s the ldif:

dn: cn=changelog,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-dncachememsize
nsslapd-dncachememsize: 3000000000
-
replace: nsslapd-cachememsize
nsslapd-cachememsize: 3000000000

The server refused to change nsslapd-cachememsize because of autosizing but
nsslapd-dncachememsize did get changed. So it seems that I can still control
nsslapd-dncachememsize? When I restart 389-ds, the 3G persists as well.

Does that make sense?

Thank you for a quick response!

Sergei