Phil,

The admin server is only used for 389-console/GUI.  If you aren't using the java UI, then you can remove the 389-admin* packages, and remove the o=netscaperoot suffix (if present).

We are currently working on ramping up our new python CLI tools (dscreate, dsctl, dsconf, and dsidm) and the new Cockpit web UI. This work is in progress, but it will awhile until it's available.  Of course you can do everything using ldapmodify if need be.

Regards,

Mark