Thank you for your reply. I tried creating a windows sync agreement between
the 389 DS and AD Read Only DC(RODC). When I give all the details in the
New Windows Sync Agreement screen , it does not give me an error message
saying that "Cannot contact active directory server." But when I try to
initiate Full Re-synchronization it gives me an error saying "connection
error: operation failure - Total update aborted. Error Code:1". But I am
seeing all the users and groups properly sync without passwords at the
proper target OU in the 389 DS. Can this be a bug or am I missing something?
I don't get this error If I am syncing with an AD Read Write DC(RWDC).

Regards.