> On 12 Jan 2019, at 06:15, Ghiurea, Isabella <isabella.ghiu...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
> wrote:
>
> Hi List,
> I have a request to upload/import only schema ( attributes, no data) and than
> upload data (only) from another DS in  a new DS ( basic : merge two ldap ds
> into  a third DS new one ) ,
>   I am not aware db2ldif  can export  db without  data and next  schema
> structure as separate option ?

This is correct. Schema is a configuration component of the server instance as
a whole, and is treated differently as such. The database backends are for
db2ldif etc.

I think the concern I have about a request like this is that schema is going to
be shared by both backends. As long as you are happy that the schemas *can*
merge between the two ldap ds into a third, then this is going to be fine.

But if there are schema conflicts or other concerns, you may be better running
two parallel instances.

The other question is if you plan to merge the two databases into one, or run
two ldap suffixes from a single server. Running two suffixes from a single
server will be much easier for you in terms of migration compared to trying to
merge two servers content into a single backend.

First thing would be take the schema of both instances, and compare them to
ensure they can be merged properly. If they can’t, you may be able to make some
changes to the schema to make it work before you import your databases.

I hope that helps,

> thank you

Sincerely,

William