> On 11 Jun 2019, at 09:37, William Brown <wbr...@suse.de> wrote:
>

>> On 10 Jun 2019, at 23:42, Olivier JUDITH <gnu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Do you provide an official docker image for 389 ?
>> I plan to deploy MMR on Kubernetes .
>> Any advice/link ?
>
> I have been getting us "closer" to docker support for a while, and I think
> it's probably flowed enough into the pipe-lines to make an official image. I
> think that this is probably a conversation for 389-devel to go about this
> setup and testing process as part of a release, and Mark probably would have
> advice here. To put this in context, I do all development and testing of 389
> today in docker!!!
>
> Today I don't think that this image will work in K8s, because K8s is very
> opinionated about it's container configuration and setup. It has always been
> a goal to add this support, but initially I have targetted suse transactional
> server / fedora atomic. But we have a pretty solid foundation to start from.
>
> Today we don't have much on the wiki about this, but I'm very happy to help
> out with how to build this if you need a custom image, and certainly if you
> have K8s experience, helping contribute automation for that into the project
> would be wonderful.
>
> The following dockerfile is probably the "most complete" example we have, and
> is very likely what we would use for an official image for upstream due to
> the layering ability of obs for network:ldap to apply to stable suse.
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:firstyear/389-ds-container/Dockerfile?expand=1
>
> Just change the       FROM line to "opensuse/leap:15" - the current from line
> is an obs trick to make that image work.
>
> It's great you're interested in this, so we'd love to have you help and
> advise us more on this!

As an FYI I have the Open Build Service pipeline working now, so you can use
the package here

docker pull
registry.opensuse.org/home/firstyear/containers/389-ds-container:latest

I have already noticed some issues with it, so I'll be working to have these
resolved ASAP. As always, feedback and improvements to our container are most
welcome!

—